CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Pasadena office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team from the conceptual design stage through to completion on mid to large scale projects. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Actively collaborate in the technical development of projects with design sensitivity, including selection of materials and products and the development of architectural details.
- Maintain communications with the client and consultants on project status, design intent, user group concerns and questions.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex site plans.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- Coordinate with all other team members on project assignments.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Master of Architecture from an accredited program is preferred. Architectural Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred. A minimum of 7 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Experience working on education and/or hospitality projects a plus. Strong proficiency with Revit is required. A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.