Job ID: TORIDIII122018
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Interior Designer in our Toronto, ON office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will lead the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional concept development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Development of furniture packages.
- Guide the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with technical leadership.
- Independently evaluate and select materials, consult with vendors, inform project specifications.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Master in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture preferred. Minimum of 7 years of related experience on education and/or health projects preferred. NCIDQ certification preferred. Strong technical skills and knowledge of building and life safety codes is required. Exceptional communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential. Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.