Job ID: PITTEGDIV1218
Senior Environmental Graphic Designer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental Graphic Designer based in our Pittsburgh, PA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will lead the design, documentation, and implementation of a wide variety of environmental graphic design projects ranging from wayfinding and signage systems, donor recognition, interpretive programs, graphic programs, and environmental branding for education, healthcare, sports complexes. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead conceptual and design development, provide art direction to junior staff, and develop documentation for a variety of design projects to include graphic programs, wayfinding and signage systems, donor recognition programs and interpretive exhibits.
- Work with select clients to interpret and translate their expressed needs and ideas into concepts in order to effectively communicate their mission and vision.
- Prepare design packages of proposed graphic systems from concept through implementation.
- Coordinate with other disciplines throughout CannonDesign.
- Take a leadership role in guiding project teams.
- Review and redline shop drawings and submittals throughout the construction administration phase.
- Take a lead role in project meetings.
- Work with vendors/fabricators and outside consultants.
- Maintain accurate files and records.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, or related design field. Minimum of 10 years of related experience working on environmental graphic design projects required. Proficiency on Mac in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign required. Skills in AutoCAD/Revit and SketchUp a plus. Exceptional design portfolio and strong background in typography is essential as is strong communication skills and the ability to work well collaboratively. Strong knowledge of signage and wayfinding design and methodology required. Attention to detail a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.