CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Graphic Designer based in our Boston, MA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This position will be an integral member of our multi-disciplinary team, working on projects in multiple typologies such as sports, education, healthcare, and science & technology. As a member of the environmental graphics team primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Make recommendations for concept, design, art direction, and production for a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, signage and exhibits.
- Plan, program, conceptualize and develop wayfinding and signage programs, exhibit and interpretive programs, donor recognition, and graphic programs.
- Assist clients with translating their expressed needs and ideas into concepts and develop into effective communication materials.
- Prepare photo visualizations and mockups of proposed signage for placement, content and/or usage.
- Prepare camera-ready artwork with the adobe suite software for fabrication.
- Assist in coordination with other disciplines.
- May assist in redlines of shop drawings in construction administration phase.
- Participates in project team meetings
- Work with vendors/fabricators.
- Maintains accurate files and records.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, or related design field. Minimum of 4 years of related experience working on environmental graphic design projects required. Proficiency on Mac in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign required. Skills in AutoCAD/Revit and SketchUp a plus. Exceptional design portfolio and strong background in typography is essential as is strong communication skills and the ability to work well collaboratively. Attention to detail a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.