CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Cost Estimator in our Houston, TX office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Senior Cost Estimator to write, update and maintain a General Trades (MasterFormat Div #s 1 through 14 and Site 31 &32) estimate database for building construction costs. This will be a highly detailed construction cost database broken out into materials, equipment and labor, quantities, and pricing. Additional key responsibilities will include:
- Review bid projects to determine accuracy in relationship to newly created construction cost estimating database
- Continually update database based upon comparison to bids and current market trends.
- Under the direction of a Senior Estimator, may work with engineers and architect’s drawings to help prepare information on job costs, to include labor, material, equipment, and specialty items necessary to complete the project.
- Work with a Senior Estimator on establishing bid strategies, concerns and advantages.
- Review supplier quotes for completion of estimating scope.
- Utilize knowledge of construction techniques, proper scheduling, purchases and work for the benefit of the projects.
- Collaboratively work with contractors, state, local municipalities, inspectors and clients.
- Interpret plans, specifications, and contracts.
Qualified candidates will have an Associate degree in Construction, Engineering or a related field. Minimum 6 years of related estimating experience required. Strong communication skills and the ability to think analytically is essential. Knowledge of CSI, Divisions 1-14 preferred. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and estimating software required. Experience with Sage (Timberline) Estimating and Revit preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.