Job ID: CHIHSPIV1218
Health Science Planner
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Health Science Planner based in our Chicago, IL office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, nurses, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the art health science market intelligence to the client and project team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Actively seek to further the state of the art within our industry and develop innovative solutions and responses as the needs of medical care providers and educators evolve.
- Effectively collaborate with a project team to provide technical expertise in the programming and planning for health science projects.
- Lead user group meetings to collect and refine program needs and assess space utilization.
- Communicate planning concepts to project teams and owners, verbally and through graphic and written reports and work effectively with architectural designers to optimize plans that further owners’ goals and objectives.
- Translate planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Assist in the development, modification and/or review of classroom, clinical teaching laboratory and simulation laboratory planning concepts and solutions.
- Assist in development of architectural drawings and specifications to translate planning concepts into project documentation for construction.
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services during the contract process.
- Incorporate Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Provide guidance and advice to other designers and project leaders.
- May manage and direct planning and design staff
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor degree in a health sciences major, Architecture or a related field. Master degree in a health sciences major, Architecture or a related field preferred. Minimum of 10 years combined experience in a health sciences profession and in the programming and planning of diverse space types associated with health science facilities required. Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements for academic health science facility planning and design. Knowledgeable in the delivery of healthcare through inter-professional collaboration. Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.