CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a part-time (up to 23 hours per week) Project Coordinator in our Pasadena, CA office. We are an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, assessors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the critical path process and leading the project team through all technical and production aspects from initial stages of pre-design through project completion. Additional primary responsibilities will include:
- Monitors the technical quality of projects. Enforces the application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Manages and coordinates workload of team and provides leadership of team activities. Communicates client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way. Provides constructive feedback and mentoring to team members. Identifies and shares lessons learned with teams.
- Ensures that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Contributes to technical success of projects.
- Responsible for the quality of the contract documentation including drawings and specifications.
- May serve as prime point of contact between client and the firm.
- May consult with clients on all aspects of the design contract.
- Consult with local authorities and consultants regarding project design.
- Continuously monitors project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Assumes lead responsibility for contract deliverables, meeting project requirements, including time, budget and scope.
- Responsible for ensuring all members of the project team are in compliance with project work plans and deadlines.
- Responsible for following the requirements of the Quality Process.
- Process “Requests for Information.”
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
- Regularly works using a computer in a normal office environment with sustained sitting. Some walking, bending, standing, reaching and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds is required.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large-scale projects required. Experience with Healthcare, Education and/or Hospitality projects preferred. Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and MS Project is required. Experience with Deltek Vision and BIM is desirable. Reasonable accommodation may be made on a case-by-case basis to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the position. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.