Job ID: WNYCMII119
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager based in our Buffalo, NY area office to lead communications for our global healthcare practice ranked No. 5 in the world. We prefer this position to be based in Buffalo, New York City, Chicago or St. Louis, but will consider other CannonDesign locations for exceptional candidates. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This creative, forward-thinking individual will create and implement strategies for content marketing, thought leadership and media relations — using communications to help our firm accelerate topline growth and differentiation in the marketplace. In addition to being an expert in communications strategy, the successful candidate will be a master writer and storyteller, and have the ability to craft messages that incite excitement and demonstrate the important role design plays in transforming the healthcare industry. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement communications and content marketing plans that support and strengthen the firm’s industry position.
- Act as an in-house journalist and creative storyteller, identifying and writing stories that articulate the firm’s brand and differentiate our health practice.
- In partnership with our Media Relations Leader, create relationships with media outlets and secure coverage of the people, projects and ideas that differentiate our practice.
- Oversee the quality of brand messages and help create promotional materials and collateral for our health practice.
- Track and monitor progress of the firm’s healthcare project portfolio, promoting key project milestones and completions.
- In partnership with our Digital Communications Manager, lead the digital strategy for our health practice, creating content for our website and social media tools as well as managing our email marketing strategy.
- Craft design award submissions and submit healthcare leaders to industry recognition programs.
- Support our Healthcare Leaders in creating and implementing a strategy for conferences and events.
- Lead internal communications for our health practice, ensuring information and updates are consistently shared with the firm at large.
- Partner with marketing team members to create marketing materials for business development and project pursuits.
- Provide as-needed writing and editing services.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field. Master degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred. Minimum 5 years’ related experience. The ideal candidate will have experience managing communications within the architecture or healthcare industries. Must possess strong interviewing skills, design sense, and collaboration skills. Ability to self-manage and multi-task efficiently and effectively. Must have superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Strong knowledge and understanding of communication platforms including digital media and social media tools is essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with HubSpot, Adobe Creative Suite and CRM software (such as Salesforce) preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and writing samples. Writing samples demonstrating your creativity ability to tell a story must be included.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.