Job ID: LAIDIV0118
Interior Designer/ Technical Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Interior Designer based in our Los Angeles, CA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
We are seeking a highly collaborative, creative and dedicated individual with a passion for design to perform in the role of Technical Coordinator on Commercial Interiors projects. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- Be responsible for developing and coordinating the construction documents that reflect the design of our projects.Lead project team in the integration and development of all technical aspects and content of the work.
- Lead project team and client to ensure achievement of project goals.
- Develop and maintain strong client and contractor relationships on projects.
- Integrate building systems into a holistic design solution.
- Coordinate work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, consistent with firm standards.
- Develop technical performance goals and verify compliance through team collaboration.
- Integrate sustainability into the design solution and systems.
- Coordinate code and life safety issues with teams, external consultants, and clients.
- Resolve detail solutions that align with goals and minimize risk.
- Manage construction administration phase, oversight activities, document reviews, and on-site observation process in compliance with project documentation.
- Organize responses to external technical questions; ensure quality and timeliness of construction submittals and RFIs.
- Mentor staff on technical quality and process standards.
- Provide technical review of drawings to ensure quality and alignment with project objectives.
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.