Job ID: HOUIDINTRN0119
Interior Design Student Intern
CannonDesign has an exciting temporary opportunity for an Interior Design Student Intern based in our Houston, TX office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This internship will provide students with an opportunity to be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Under the supervision of a project leader the primary responsibilities may include the following:
- Assist in the design and documentation of interior spaces to include drawing of floor plans, selection of finishes, pattern plans, elevations, details, room and room finishes and ordering sample materials from vendors
- Participate in the development of Interior Design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Provide assistance to the client in the selection or consideration and choice of building materials such as woods, textiles, etc.
- Produce drawings and perform support functions as directed in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Assist in presentation boards and preparing renderings.
Qualified candidates must be working toward a Bachelor or Master degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture. Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics and organizational skills. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.