CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Architect in our Washington DC area office. We are an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with national technical leadership and will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration. Key responsibilities include:
- Leads project team from initial stages of pre-design, code, schematics and construction documents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
- Continuously checks on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
- Advance effective trade partner collaboration, leveraging design assist partners.
- Act as a mentor to staff.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration and familiarity with entitlement requirements required. A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large-scale health projects required. Experience with alternative delivery process and the technical application of pre-engineered, prefabricated solutions. Understanding of VDC and interest in investing in maturing meta data in BIM. Strong attention to detail, presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential. Proficiency with E Builder, Autodesk BIM 360, Revit and dRrofus. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.