CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Healthcare Planner in our Irvine office. We are an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to creatively solve problems from the conceptual stage through to completion on mid to large scale health projects. This position offers an extremely unique opportunity to work closely with a national healthcare provider for projects across the west coast. The successful candidate will be working with a national team of healthcare planners, technical leaders, manufacturers and contractors to provide multiple projects in a cutting edge delivery approach. Primary responsibilities include:
- Actively collaborate in the technical development of projects and provide leadership in the design, including selection of materials and products and the development of architectural details.
- Maintain communications with the client and consultants on project status, design intent, user group concerns and questions.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex site plans.
- Produce planning documents in support of Program Aggregation and Virtual Building Design phases.
- Audit programs achieved in Revit.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- Coordinate with all other team members on project assignments.
Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program required. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. Minimum of 7 years working on mid to large-scale projects with previous healthcare experience required. Must have experience and current knowledge of healthcare planning code criteria and architectural requirements with a focus on ambulatory care. Must be skilled with Revit, E Builder, Autodesk BIM 360 and dRofus software. Able to engage in client clinical user meetings and lead onsite user group sessions if needed. Able to understand and apply planning templates and translate user workflow needs to meet program criteria. Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly and effectively respond to change is required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.