CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Data Analyst/Programmer to join our growing Facility Optimization Solutions (FOS) practice in either our Buffalo, NY or Houston, TX office. We are an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, assessors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
FOS serves ongoing client demands of strategic planning and infrastructure investment solutions, providing the primary services of facility condition assessments, strategic planning, ADA compliance, risk assessments, preventative maintenance planning and asset tagging. Project scopes range from providing solutions for a single existing facility to hundreds of existing facilities. Our FOS team utilizes a software developed and maintained by CannonDesign, used by our team when conducting facility assessments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and programming improvements for advanced functionality of our web-based proprietary assessment software. Additional primary responsibilities will include:
- Works with internal team and external clients to identify and design opportunities for operational improvement involving systems configuration, deployment, acquisition, or development.
- Acts as project manager for system-related FOS projects.
- Performs configuration changes and system settings to ensure scope and quality of product.
- Performs advanced triage for diagnosis of reported system and interface errors, communicating application software maintenance request and issue reports from business units to the IT staff.
- Manages system development and application programming for projects, as required.
- Responsible for other project-related work including report writing; system set-up; preparing system specifications, flow charts, and diagrams; supporting custom applications; and writing documentation for applications and systems developed.
- Occasional domestic or international business travel may be required.
- Regularly works using a computer in a normal office environment with sustained sitting. Some walking, bending, standing, reaching and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds is required.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Information Technology. Minimum of 5 years of related experience with VB.NET, C#, system support, database administration and analysis experience is required. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of proficiency with the following tools: Microsoft SSRS, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server. Strong technical writing, communication, problem-solving, project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects and operate effectively in a matrixed environment is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made on a case-by-case basis to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the position. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.