Job ID: BOSLGHTGIA0219
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Lighting Designer based in our Boston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
- Are fearlessly creative, enthusiastic, inquisitive, and passionate about lighting design.
- Have 1-3 years' experience in lighting design concepts and process, lighting technology, impact of light, and the architectural design process.
- Are excited about being part of an integrated architectural + engineering team.
- Are open-minded, team oriented, self-motivated, and ready to be challenged.
- Have completed a degree in Lighting Design, Interior Design, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, or other lighting-related field.
- Possess strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Have an aptitude for digital design software: experience with AGI32, Revit, CAD, Sefaira, Ecotect, Sketch-up, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite are a plus.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering (Lighting focus), Architecture or Interior Design with a Lighting focus and coursework in building systems engineering or architecture. A minimum of 1 year experience in Lighting Design is required. Experience in computer applications for design programs (i.e. Revit MEP, AGI, ElumTools, ComCheck) preferred. LEED accreditation preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively handle multiple projects.
Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.