CannonDesign has an exceptional part-time temporary opportunity for an experienced Interior Designer in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional concept development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Development of furniture packages.
- Guide the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with technical leadership.
- Independently evaluate and select materials, consult with vendors, inform project specifications.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Master in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture preferred. Minimum of 9 years of related experience working on mid-to-large scale education, health and commercial projects required. NCIDQ certification required. Strong technical skills and knowledge of building and life safety codes is required. Must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects. Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.