CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Accounting Clerk in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our corporate accounting team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Gather and prepare accounting documents required to post cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Maintain thorough, well organized daily cash spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel which follows the firm’s accounting protocols.
- Work closely with collections manager on outstanding accounts receivable issues. Assist with reconciliations of cash receipts to invoices.
- Process, transmit, and run credit transactions upon authorization.
- Research and resolve unusual accounting transactions or discrepancies.
- Process wires and various check runs on a weekly basis. Post disbursements accurately and on a daily basis.
- Maintain updated vendor files including insurance certificates, vendor qualification forms, and W-9s.
- Respond to vendor inquiries for vendor qualification forms, wiring instructions, etc.
- Process annual 1099 forms.
- May assist in preparation and processing vendor/consultant invoices and coding payment documents.
- May prepare regular periodic and special accounting reports as requested by accounting leadership.
- May prepare account reconciliations as part of month end closing and year end closing, including fixed assets and other balance sheet accounts.
- Adhere to and promote proper accounting internal control procedures.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of related Accounting Clerk experience. Associate Degree in Accounting or related field preferred. Must have experience with cash receipts, cash disbursements and general accounting knowledge. Strong communication skills, exceptional time management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required, Deltek Vision experience a plus. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.