CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Project Billing Clerk/Accountant in our Chicago, IL area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the billing of projects and collaborating with project managers across the firm on the budgeting for construction, architectural and engineering design projects domestically and internationally. Key responsibilities will include:
- Accurate and timely invoicing of clients on a monthly basis.
- Ensure invoicing and expenses are compliant with contract terms.
- Review work in progress and explain large variances.
- Follow up and pursue collection of outstanding invoices.
- Review projects to ensure all billings are being performed.
- Input work plan budget and fee information into database.
- Review project budgets to ensure compliance to work plan.
- Review consultant invoices against project budgets and correctly code to project/account.
- Assist with month-end reporting for regional and consolidated corporate operations publication.
- Assist with year-end audit schedules.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate Degree in Accounting or related field. Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field preferred. Previous related accounting experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required, Deltek Vision experience a plus. Must have strong communication skills, exceptional time management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines. Qualified candidates will have baseline knowledge of accounting, be a diligent and dedicated worker interested in being part of a collaborative team. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.