CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Virtual Building Design Project Leader based in our Dallas, TX office. CannonDesign is an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. This role that will support national client accounts, working with teams across CannonDesign. As such, the selected candidate may be able to work from various geographic areas across the firm.
This leader will be a member of a national client team supporting delivery of projects across the United States. This leader will also serve as a resource to CannonDesign’s Construction Delivery Services team, supporting advancement of our VDC capabilities. This role will provide client and team leadership to CannonDesign’s modular project delivery process to achieve predictable outcomes, eliminating redundancy and improving efficiencies in overall project delivery time. Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as a team leader for a large, multi-year, national client account, coordinating with team members across multiple CannonDesign offices.
- Work in partnership with national client leadership to further develop CannonDesign’s modular delivery processes and digital tools.
- Provide leadership in CannonDesign’s Construction Delivery Services team to advance our project delivery processes to be leveraged during the pre-construction and construction phases.
- Collaborate with CannonDesign’s Technology in Practice Team(s) to ensure that supporting technologies are in place to enable the efficient development of BIM-enabled project deliverables and solving design technology related issues.
- Identify and assist in creating content to enhance digital asset and detail libraries required to support the national client account.
- Proactively audit and troubleshoot workflow challenges for team members and raise the bar in generating and utilizing metadata inherent of our virtual constructs, as foundational information for coordination, scheduling, cost analysis, prefabrication optimization, automation of processes, simulation, and related analytics.
- Be an advocate and leader to the industry in this area of expertise.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering or a related field. Bachelor degree in Architecture, Engineering or a related field preferred. Minimum of 10 years of related experience required. Must be highly skilled with Revit, E Builder, Navisworks, familiarity with dRofus or Codebook and a depth of experience with the Autodesk BIM 360 platform. High-level of expertise in Revit in an architectural production environment, including the ability to administer, install, and configure both the base application and several customized add-ins. Ability to learn and transition between multiple applications within CannonDesign’s design technology suite, including AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX Design, BIM 360 suite, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Dynamo, among others. Experience with VR applications and hardware along with application customization through programming and scripting desired. Candidates must have a general aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support as well as familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications. Strong communication skills and experience in client engagement. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.