Job ID: IRVCESME0319
Construction Executive/Subject Matter Expert
- Assist the Executive Director of Firm Strategies, Peer Construction Executives, Business Practice Leaders and the Integrated Services Practice Leader in developing the strategy and business planning process.
- Coordinate, manage and supervise the work of construction Project Managers and support staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new clients.
- Develop procedures and lead preparation of proposals for new business and presentations to clients.
- Attend and participate in business meetings, industry events and conferences to promote firm in the markets we serve.
- Develop and maintain leads, review lead sources, participate and help guide the identification of pursuit targets.
- Participate in and assist in attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining top caliber talent.
- Review all estimating packages and budgets to insure accuracy and completeness.
- Oversee procedures to assure that the estimates, including general conditions, are accurate, complete, and reflect the actual requirements of the project.
- Oversee procedures and standards for variance reporting allows for clear identification of changes to the estimate.
- Administer procedures and standards to ensure estimates are complete and reflect all that is required to build the project.
- Oversee procedures and standards for preparing and analyzing cost models during the Design, Bidding and Implementation of a project.
- Administer procedures and standards for progress estimates at design milestones, evaluate material and system costs, review document progress and coordination, build and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Coordinate and assure that a preliminary construction schedule has been developed for each estimate.
- Oversee procedures and standards to create realistic and detailed schedules for all design, approval, estimating and purchasing activities.
- Lead the preconstruction strategy meetings on the approach to the project or estimate.
- Ensure that potential contract risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management.
- Oversee procedures and standards to provide clear scopes of work to all bidders and pre-qualify bidders.
- Administer procedures and standards for document review, constructability and value analysis.
- Ensure monthly cost analysis for all active construction assignments and manage the construction services budgets.
- Develop procedures and standards to organize and lead the transition meeting between the project operations team and the preconstruction team and coordinate the follow-up meetings.
- Conduct constructability reviews, oversee project design and construction delivery schedules and provide input to the bidding and proposal preparation process for all project delivery methods.
- Assist leaders to determine the types of projects requiring multitude of services to pursue including strategies and techniques.
- Oversee and review schedules and scheduling activities on projects on an as needed basis.
- Participate in presentations to local office management and clients. Participate, prepare and advise in proposals/interviews for project awards/sales.”
- Assist with the review of general conditions, contracts and subcontracts on an as needed basis.
- Approve invoices for consultants and subconsultants related to preconstruction/design advisory activities.
- Prepare reports related to project performance to assist leaders.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Supervise, train and evaluate support staff; make recommendations for salary adjustments, promotions and other personnel actions as needed.
- Help/advise/guide leaders to create and develop customized services opportunities in marketing pursuits.
- Provide intelligence in local construction markets as required for successful implementation and completion of projects for various project delivery methods.
- Advise leaders on when and how to pursue project management, construction management, design-assist and design-build opportunities.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.