CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Irvine, CA office. We are an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support to the Project Architect or Project Designer in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural materials and systems. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Independently contribute design, production, coordination and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with engineers and consultants.
- Maintain communications with the Owner and Consultants on project status, design intent, concerns and questions.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex site plans.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- May take a leadership role within the project team.
- May participate in marketing proposals.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- May independently process “Requests for Information.”
- Perform field site inspections. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Coordinate with all other team members on project assignments.
- Take a leadership role in team meetings.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program; Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. LEED Accreditation preferred. Minimum of 7 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Healthcare project experience preferred. Revit experience required. Strong creative design portfolio and strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.