Job ID: OROARCHIV0419
Architect/ Construction Administrator
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Construction Administrator based on site in Oroville, CA. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in a Construction Administration role and will be responsible to work onsite for administering construction contracts on behalf of CannonDesign, with focus on quality control and cost control from project startup to closeout. The onsite assignment is expected to last for up to 3 years with the possibility to extend. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the prime liaison between Contractor, Owner and A/E team with focus on quality control from project startup to closeout.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of contractual documents, policies and procedures.
- Review and interpret construction documents, shop drawings and other construction documents.
- Develop and issue sketches related to field conditions and issues to assist in responding to Requests for Information (RFI’s) and submittals, coordinate the work with the project team and consultants.
- Attend regular site meetings include scheduling, pre-installation meetings.
- Resolve problems that arise on the jobsite, make recommendations and coordinate bulletins to the contract documents.
- Assist Contractor in understanding our firm’s work and in resolving problems involving architectural and engineering matters.
- Create, update, and maintain drawings, project manuals, various reports and databases.
- Adhere to established on-site project procedures, safety program requirements and work rules.
- Review and approve applications for payment if requested. Coordinate meetings and other construction related tasks. Prepare daily and other reports. Handle other responsibilities as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. California Architectural Registration required. LEED® certification preferred. A minimum of 10+ years OSHPD (California Healthcare) field experience. Must be familiar with the commissioning process. Ability to handle multiple or large OSHPD projects.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Must have strong client communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of Procore and Revit preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.