gkkworks/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Project Engineer based in our Riverside office and working primarily at project sites in the Inland Empire. We are an integrated global design/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, builders, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily coordination of projects by planning, organizing,
and controlling technical aspects of the assignments on site. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for field and project engineering, quality control, contract administration, shop drawing review, submittals, scheduling, and related support functions
• Change order management: administrating, pricing, submission and tracking
• Assist Project Superintendent and Project Manager in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
• Assist with equipment selection and rental coordination
• Materials procurement and expediting
• Coordinate and review drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control
• Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system
• Prepare and track progress payments and estimates
• Subcontract administration: defining scope of work, answering inquiries, monitoring progress, tracking and processing payments
• Inventory control: monitoring and tracking of equipment and resources
Qualified candidates must have 2+ years of related experience in a Construction Project Engineer role. Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred. Must be able to work at different project locations as project assignments change. Must be comfortable handling complex project issues. Strong team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Proficiency with Procore or other windows-based construction management software strongly preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
gkkworks/CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.