Job ID: WNYLCIV419
CannonDesign has an opportunity for an experienced Attorney based in our Buffalo, NY office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, contractors and industry specialists.
The in-house position will be an integral part of our legal team and primarily focus on contract review and negotiation. Primarily responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate contracts, leases and vendor agreements domestically and internationally.
- Develop and maintain contract templates.
- Resolve commercial disputes and conflicts.
- Serve as a point of contact for legal questions within the firm.
- Coordinate with outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Provide merger and acquisition support during negotiation, due diligence, contract drafting and integration.
- Advise on all aspects of the construction operations.
- Provide support for firm licensing and corporate matters.
- Advise on limits, coverage, applications and claims for all insurance policies.
- Advise on Labor Law/Employment Law issues.
- Advise on intellectual property matters.
Qualified candidates must have a Juris Doctorate and a minimum of four years of related experience. Previous experience drafting and negotiating contracts required. Construction experience is preferred. Exceptional writing, research, communication negotiation and organizational skills are essential. Must have the ability to work independently and exercise solid independent judgment in a fast-paced environment. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.