CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Construction Safety Representative based at a school project in the San Fernando Valley. We are an integrated global design/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, builders, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work closely with the project team and client’s safety team in leading and living an injury-free environment culture. Additional primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with client safety programs and policies, including insurance related programs.
- Conduct subcontractor project onboarding (pre-construction meetings, review site-specific safety plan and job hazard analysis (JHA), review training requirements and orientation).
- Coach project team members on safety leadership & management practices.
- Collect and review pre-task plans, provide feedback for improvement.
- Conduct various daily documented safety reviews.
- Assist/conduct safety orientations for all on-site employees.
- Conduct weekly mass safety meetings.
- Conduct incident investigations as needed.
- Interact with client and trade partner safety representatives.
- Maintain safety documentation.
- Identify safety training needs and provide safety training as appropriate.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of related experience in a Construction Safety Representative role. Bachelor degree in Safety Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred. Must have Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certification, current OSHA 30 and/or 510 certification and current CPR/first aid/AED. Construction Risk & Insurance Specialist (CRIS) and bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred. Must be able to work at different project locations as project assignments change. Must be comfortable handling complex project issues. Strong team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Proficiency with Procore or other windows-based construction management software strongly preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.