The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation in architecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice. The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design-- from refining concepts of sustainability to the application of radically new technologies and urban initiatives.
The successful candidate will elevate CannonDesign’s level of BIM maturity and technical production and focus on constant improvement, development, standardization, support and education to drive efficiency, increased productivity and innovation. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Independently contribute design, production , coordination and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate as a collaborative leader of the project team
- Supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members
- Lead project teams with BIM project execution planning from project kickoff through project completion.
- Advise and help define Level of Development/Detail for deliverables.
- Implement standard workflows and processes. Leverage data collection and query for purposes of design intelligence, optimization, automation, simulation and downstream exploration for artificial intelligence. Perform regular model audits.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with the architectural systems
- Communication with other disciplines and review their work to coordinate project documents
- Maintain communications with the Owner and Consultants on project status, design intent, concerns and questions.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals
- During bidding and construction, review and process “Requests for Information” and contractor submittals
- Perform field site inspections
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Master of Architecture from an accredited program is preferred. Architectural Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred. A minimum of 7 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Strong proficiency with Revit is required. Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Navisworks and other Design Applications. Knowledge of the Revit API is preferred. Experience in leading Revit-based teams and in developing and implementing BIM Execution Plans required. A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are strong communication skills, teamwork, collaboration, creativity and innovation skills, including demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving and the ability to handle multiple projects. Strong technical knowledge in building systems, technology and detailing, experience in producing architectural documentation for medium to large scale projects, and ability to demonstrate a developed understanding of envelope detailing and interior construction. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.