gkkworks/CannonDesign has a part-time opportunity (20 hours per week – 4 hours per day) for a Construction Administration Coordinator based in either our Irvine, CA or San Diego, CA office. We are an integrated global design/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, builders, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will provide construction administration support on projects in collaboration with project construction administrators, architects, engineers, and firm leadership. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist Architects and Engineers in their construction administration duties by forwarding, monitoring and processing shop drawings, requests for information, change orders and other project documents.
- Manage the flow of construction-related documents, including inputting and recording data in web-based Construction Information System (CIS), for multiple local and regional construction projects.
- Assist the project Construction Administrator in coordination of procedures at the start of each project, including setting up new projects in CIS, entering directories, uploading drawings, etc.
- Interface with Contractors, Construction Managers, Clients and Consultants. Set up job-specific communication protocols based on established standard operating procedures. Create supporting documents using Microsoft Office and CIS.
- Issue and process all documents associated with Change Orders, including, requests, quotes, etc. Monitor contractor response and produce final documents for signature, using Microsoft Office and/or web-based CIS. Verify mathematical accuracy and supporting documents of payment applications and change orders. Enter same into CIS.
- Secure and process closeout documents. Produce weekly/monthly reports for project leadership using web-based CIS.
- Monitor expiration of insurance certificates and bonds. Perform administrative activities such as preparing, copying, and emailing documents.
- Maintain electronic files and comply with Firm Retention Policy for applicable paper and electronic files.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of relevant construction administration experience. Associate Degree preferred. Demonstrated administrative skills in an office setting required. Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. Must be able to work in multi-tasked, deadline driven environment and handle a large volume of electronic documents. Aptitude in Procore or similar Construction Information Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, PDF editor (Adobe or Bluebeam) strongly desired.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
gkkworks/CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.