CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in our St. Louis office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will direct the integrated design of HVAC systems for healthcare, research, education and commercial projects from conceptual design through construction, commissioning, and project close out. Key responsibilities include the following:
• Determine mechanical system type to be used and provide input as needed during architectural schematic and design development phases.
• Perform designs of ductwork, piping, equipment selection for wide-ranging HVAC systems for building design, independently for small- to mid-size projects and for major projects with supervision of the senior engineer.
• Experience with Revit and multi-disciplinary BIM execution. Prepare and direct CAD production drawings of HVAC systems from schematic to construction design phases with the support of technical staff as needed.
• Author design narratives & engineering analyses.
• Prepare and edit equipment and construction specifications
• Familiar with Trane Trace for heating and cooling load calculations
• Perform code searches and comply with code requirements for project work in a variety of market segments including healthcare, higher education, and science & technology.
• Design central utility plants (CUP).
• Perform energy modeling and analysis or be open to learning.
• Create flow and control schematic drawings, specify control systems, and author sequences of operations for building and utility control systems.
• Review design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. • Review submittals and shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents. Participate or lead value engineering sessions with the integrated Architectural/Engineering team.
• Provides input on firmwide design and process improvements.
• Reviews and maintains design budgets and schedules.
• Desire to grow as a mechanical engineering subject matter expert and take on tasks delegated by the project engineering lead or project manager.
• Mentor junior engineers
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical systems focus). Minimum of 6 years of related experience, EIT/FE, ability to obtain PE required. Existing PE desired. Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients. The ability to handle multiple projects is essential. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.