CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Superintendent based at our Los Angeles International Airport project site. This will be a full-time temporary assignment for approximately 4-6 months with potential for extension into a full-time regular position. We are an integrated global design/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, builders, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall on-site field administration, supervision, and technical management for all construction operations. This includes direct supervision of assistants, foremen, subcontractors and other construction-related personnel in the planning, coordination and execution of work that is on schedule, within budget, profitable and performed safely while promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image. Additional primary responsibilities will include:
- Inspect and ensure quality control of building envelope systems including curtainwall, roofing, metal studs, DensGlass sheathing and air barriers.
- Responsible for total construction effort, such that it is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for productivity of subcontractors, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, etc).
- Perform and/or monitor jobsite control measures, such as daily reports, labor payroll, quality reports and accident reports.
- Supervise subcontractors as required by contract. Constantly review field production, analyze and improve where necessary.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and discipline staff.
- Authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, and other administrative change requests.
- Provide technical assistance (i.e. interpret drawings, recommend construction methods and equipment, etc.) as required.
- Ensure that all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements and work rules. Document all violations and notify project management. Recommend and implement corrective actions as required.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of construction experience functioning in a Superintendent role. Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or related field preferred. Must have OSHA 30 Hour Certification and site safety knowledge. Working knowledge of scheduling software such as Microsoft Project, SureTrak or Primavera Expedition is preferred. Aviation project experience is desirable. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.