Job ID: BOSSEII619
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer based in our Boston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis and design of structural systems/components in steel, concrete and masonry. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform complex design calculations and custom detailing.
- Identify life safety code requirements to determine structural loading criteria.
- Select appropriate structural systems for project requirements.
- Work with architectural staff developing exterior wall support details.
- Prepare structural specifications.
- Use Revit to develop BIM models for producing Contract Documents.
- Review shop drawings, respond to RFI’s and perform field observations during CA phase.
- Participate in defining project budget and scope.
- Interface effectively with clients and construction team.
- Oversee, guide, mentor, and provide technical leadership to staff.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structural focus. Master degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structural focus preferred. Minimum 4 years of experience with concrete and steel required. SE or PE license preferred. Working knowledge of structural engineering software (RAM, RISA), IBC and other national standard codes, Revit proficiency, and good written/oral communications skills a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.