Job ID: WNYASWII619
Architectural Specifications Writer
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Architectural Specifications Writer. We prefer to have this position based in our Buffalo, NY area office but may consider other CannonDesign locations for exceptional candidates. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
This position will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types to include education, healthcare, science and technology, commercial, and interior design initiatives, and other diverse building types. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Produce project specific Project Manuals utilizing the CannonDesign standards.
- Be able to manage multiple project phases, milestone deliveries and various project delivery types.
- Coordinating the Project Manual efforts of all disciplines and consultants.
- Manage project specific Keynotes.
- Review in-progress drawings, with the Project Architect to develop coordinated technical specifications and offering modifications and improvements when appropriate.
- Propose continual development and improvement of master specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content, based on project work.
- Maintains awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
- Maintain CSI membership and credentials.
- Participate in project process meetings scheduled for assigned projects.
- Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
- Be a team player while being self-directed.
- Self-check work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility.
- Maintain a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Collaborate with peers, via regularly-scheduled firm-wide specifications writers’ conference calls, to develop best practices and share knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, within the firm’s compliance policies.
- Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field. Bachelor degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience required. Previous specification writing experience required. Knowledge of building codes and construction techniques is essential. Professional licensure, CCS, CCCA, CDT certification and LEED accreditation preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills. Must be proficient in MS Office. Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.