Job ID: CHIMEIV619
Senior Mechanical Engineer
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will direct the integrated design of HVAC systems for healthcare, research, education and commercial projects from conceptual design through construction, commissioning, and project close out. Key responsibilities include the following:
• Perform and direct complex design of HVAC Systems including mechanical rooms, controls, ductwork, piping and equipment selection for large scale buildings. Is able to work independently in all Mechanical disciplines with no oversight or guidance.
• Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to designers and engineering team.
• May serve in the QAQC process and an independent reviewer
• Interface effectively with clients and members of the design team.
• Prepare construction drawings and specifications for of HVAC systems from schematic through the construction document phases.
• Manage production staff and provide direction to them for preparation of construction documents.
• Select and specify mechanical equipment such as boilers, chillers, and air handling units. Design rooms to house these systems and coordinate with other disciplines.
• Review and accept selective shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents.
• Interface effectively with clients and members of the project team and participate in meetings with Owners, Architects, Construction Managers and Contractors.
• Conduct staff development activities including work planning, budget development, scheduling in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Perform independent site inspections.
• Lead or participate in commissioning or retro-commissioning activities.
• Represents company in project activities; directs activities of project team members; represents company in business development and marketing activities.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical systems focus). Minimum of 10 years of related experience and PE required. Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients. The ability to handle multiple projects is essential. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.