The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Project Manager based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation in architecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice. The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design-- from refining concepts of sustainability to the application of radically new technologies and urban initiatives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. This position will also provide business leadership focused on financial success, alignment in management of resources, and related staff growth and development. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage the financial and operational performance of healthcare projects and partner with the Project Architect and Project Designer to build long-term relationships with clients – our most important partners.
- Manage design and production processes in a multi-office collaborative environment including team building, staffing, project organization, communication, and mentoring.
- Lead the development and execution of the work plan, budget, and schedule, modifying as appropriate throughout the project life cycle.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Align team process and deliverables with the project delivery method.
- Regularly participate in staffing meetings and partner with other project managers to best align staff with project work.
- Provide accurate and timely revenue forecasts to the local business practice leader and firm business office.
- Oversee accurate compilation and issuance of client invoices.
- Manage contracting documents in partnership with the firm’s legal department.
- Support senior leadership in business development opportunities.
- Participate in production of project deliverables as appropriate and/or necessary.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program and Architectural Registration preferred. Minimum of 10 years of project experience managing projects across multiple market sectors, including healthcare and education projects and /or the following: corporate commercial, civic, and high-rise housing. Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.