Job ID: WNYFAIA619
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Facility Assessor to join our growing Facility Optimization Solutions (FOS) practice in our Buffalo office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
FOS serves ongoing client demands of strategic planning and infrastructure investment solutions, providing the primary services of facility condition assessments, strategic capital improvement planning, ADA compliance, risk assessments, preventative maintenance planning and asset management solutions. Project scopes range from providing solutions for a single existing facility to hundreds of existing facilities. FOS provides services throughout the US and Canada. Our FOS team utilizes a software developed and maintained by CannonDesign, used by our team when conducting facility assessments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting facility condition assessments for a variety of building types including healthcare, education, sports, municipal and commercial across the continental United States and Canada. This is an excellent opportunity to travel. Projects are typically short in duration and range from one to six months. Field deployments are typically 1-2 weeks in duration. The position will perform in the role of data collection, report writing and quality assurance under the supervision of an experienced Project Manager and/or Assessor. There is an unlimited opportunity for growth within the FOS group. Additional key responsibilities include:
• Conduct on-site facility condition assessments as part of a multidisciplinary team auditing and evaluating building systems on new and existing buildings.
• Learn and implement a consistent audit procedure for buildings across the country
• Work effectively and efficiently with clients and other on-site personnel to assess capital assets by maintaining a typical daily audit rate of 150,000 SF/day for large facilities, or roughly 3-6 buildings per day for small facilities.
• Provide technical identification and description of deficiencies ranging from concerns to critical issues.
• In technical terms describe remedial recommendations for future project planning and cost estimating by others in the FOS group.
• Prepare project progress documentation for project manager review.
• Actively participate in post-project reviews.
Qualified candidates must have an Associates degree in a related field. Previous related experience is preferred. Must have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Self-motivated and ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment is essential. Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam and the aptitude for mobile device tools preferred. Prior cost estimating experience is valued but not required. Ability to travel up to 40% for out of town assignments required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign Employees are required to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.