Job ID: SFARCHIVPMKP0619
Architect/ Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based in our San Francisco office We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
We are building our team in support of a national building campaign for a leading healthcare client to help them create new prototyped ambulatory care facilities in multiple regions across the United States. This client is seeking to invest over $12B to expand their outpatient facility portfolio with ground up building projects ranging from 50K -150K square feet. The facilities will include primary and specialty care clinics, imaging, lab services, physical therapy, behavioral health and pharmacy services across all regions of the US within their health system, significantly expanding the organization’s ambulatory care outreach for their patients.
These ambulatory care facilities are designed as integrated, pre-engineered solutions that are rooted in extensive research, best practices, parametric modeling, and cutting-edge construction systems to synthesize building components with national industry trade contractors. This innovative approach to truly integrated design and construction provides design professionals with the opportunity to lead the industry to new levels of performance, creating a new paradigm for delivering high performing facilities that can be achieve in 30% less time with best in class operations.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with national technical leadership and will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Design Principal, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, prepare proposals and develop fees. Work with clients and Project Team members.
- Assist with the development and negotiation of budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved, and QA/QC process standards and requirements are implemented. Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- May assist with the development and implementation of the firm’s business, financial success, alignment and management of office resources, staff growth and development, champion technical quality initiatives, design practice integration (along with Design
- Leaders) and project process leadership.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program and Architectural Registration preferred. Minimum of 10 years of project experience on mid-to-large scale projects. Experience in science projects strongly preferred. Proven leadership skills with the ability to build strong client and team relationships. Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.