Job ID: CHIGDII618
Senior Graphic Designer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer based in our Chicago office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal Senior Graphic Designer is a strategic thinker with crazy good design skills. We are seeking a talented inventive designer who is eager to create meaningful impressions alongside the Creative Director: infographics, brochures, event collateral, proposals, social media campaigns, and pitch decks that communicate the firm’s value to our clients—all in the relentless pursuit of joyful work. As a part of our in-house graphic design team, you won’t find yourself sitting in the passenger seat. Instead, you’ll have both hands on the wheel.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Execute. Take a project from strategy to storyboard to final design with knock-it-out-of-the-park confidence
• Collaborate. Work with firm leadership, and new business teams to contribute to the content and design of strategic communication materials
• Think. Use empathy and intuition to clarify complex ideas, visions, and strategies
• Design. Develop creative solutions for leave-behinds, presentations, brochures, event collateral, portfolios, digital media that express a unique vision
• Explore. Continually research compelling ways to spread our message and integrate best practices to the team and the firm
• Lead. Independently coordinate multiple marketing efforts against rapid and frequent deadlines, all with positivity and decisiveness
• Connect. Coordinate with studios and other offices to gather and share best practices
• Teach. Instruct non-design marketing professionals about fundamental design skills stakeholders and help grow design team members
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years professional experience in a graphic design position, experience in the AE field is a plus but not required
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
• Stunning graphic design portfolio showing a balance of elevated brand collateral and high-concept materials
• Compelling storytelling style, in both written and visual applications
• Strategic, creative thinking with the ability to brainstorm, collaborate, and build consensus among multiple stakeholders
• Well-developed communication and analytical skills
• Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory, and typography in both digital and print media
• Understanding of the strengths and limitations of presentation technology including aspect ratios, projectors, sound, and video equipment
• Willing to travel in support of remote projects and teams
• Expert user of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator and the Microsoft Office 360 Suite
• Familiarity with After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Premiere is advantageous but not required
ABOUT WORKING HERE
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.