Job ID: WNYOMIV619
- Manage office administration and procedures, develop strategies to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and safety
- Manage relationships with vendors, service suppliers, and landlord
- Negotiate purchase of furniture, office, equipment, etc. for the office in accordance with company practices
- Implement office practices in conjunction with the Office Practice Leader, Business Practice Leader, and corporate policies
- Provide administrative support within the office as required. May regularly support individuals within the office
- Responsible for coordination with leasing office, deliveries, events in CannonDesign spaces, building service requests, building access keys, security access, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate Administrative Support and General Services staff within the office
- Plan, coordinate and execute events
- Manage caterer and restaurant house accounts
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory
- Purchase office related items via firm’s purchasing software and practices
- Maintain petty cash
- Participate in preparing annual office budget
- Perform other duties as required
- A minimum of 10 years’ administrative experience with 5 years in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a professional services firm preferred
- Exceptional time management, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally, is essential
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.