Job ID: LAWASCPEII0719
Senior Construction Project Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for field and project engineering, quality control, contract administration, shop drawing review, submittals, scheduling, and related support functions
• Change order management: administrating, pricing, submission and tracking
• Assist Project Superintendent and Project Manager in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
• Assist with equipment selection and rental coordination
• Materials procurement and expediting
• Coordinate and review drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control
• Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system
• Prepare and track progress payments and estimates
• Subcontract administration: defining scope of work, answering inquiries, monitoring progress, tracking and processing payments
• Inventory control: monitoring and tracking of equipment and resources
- Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of related experience in a Construction Project Engineer role.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to work at different project locations as project assignments change.
- Must be comfortable handling complex project issues.
- Strong team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency with Procore or other windows-based construction management software strongly preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.