Job ID: DCIDII0719
- Assist Senior Interior Designer and/or Project Manager with the execution of the project goals throughout all phases (Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration).
- Assist Senior Interior Designer with furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) throughout all phases of interior design work.
- Assist in the development of the design including planning and three-dimensional studies.
- Develop of furniture specifications and furniture documentation
- Independently assist in the design development and documentation of interior spaces to include drawings of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, pattern designs, elevations, details, etc.
- Produce drawings in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Identify, research and apply building and life safety codes to applicable interior design work.
- Prepare renderings and other presentation materials.
- Follow CannonDesign drawing standards.
- Participate in client meetings with Senior Interior Designer to gain client interaction experience and experience in client presentation skills.
- Participate in CA activities, including review of submittals and shop drawings, and conducting punch list.
- Mentor less experienced interior design staff and provide guidance in the development of project documents.
- Actively participate and promote design quality.
- Understand proper application of materials.
- May perform other duties as required.
- This position description is subject to change at any time.
- Bachelors of Interior Design from CIDA-accredited institution or Bachelors of Architecture from an accredited program.
- Revit, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino (or comparable program), V-Ray
- NCIDQ Certification preferred
- 4 to 7 years’ experience
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and organize work assignments
- Knowledge of design, building materials, and construction documents
- Knowledge of building and life safety codes related to interiors
- Develops effective working relationship across organizational lines
- Strong critical thinking ability, research skills, and ability to follow through effectively
- Excellent research skills
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.