Job ID: WNYASWIV719
Senior Architectural Specifications Writer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Architectural Specifications Writer based in our Buffalo office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRMWe are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLEThis position will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types to include education, healthcare, science and technology, commercial, and interior design initiatives, and other diverse building types.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Produce project specific Project Manuals utilizing the CannonDesign standards.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines – phases, milestone deliveries and various project delivery types.
- Coordinating the Project Manual efforts of all disciplines and consultants.
- Manage project specific Keynotes.
- Review in-progress drawings, ensuring complete and coordinated technical specifications and offering modifications and improvements when appropriate.
- Propose continual development and improvement of master specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content, based on project work.
- Maintains awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
- Participate in all process meetings scheduled for assigned projects.
- Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
- Collaborate with peers, via regularly-scheduled firm-wide specifications writers' conference calls, to develop best practices and share knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, within the firm's compliance policies.
- Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience required.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction techniques is essential.
- Professional licensure, CCS certification and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.