Job ID: HOUMEPIB0719
Medical Equipment Planner
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Equipment Planner. We prefer to have this position based in our Houston office but will also consider Dallas or other CannonDesign locations for exceptional candidates. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, equipment, and facilities to create that ideal future especially for projects anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, signature clinical planning, space and functional programming, operational planning, lean workflow, change management, and transition, move, building and activation planning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Medical Equipment Planner will lead equipment planning projects provide through a range of activities from project inception through completion.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide equipment listings, layouts and design guidance.
- Provide technical design criteria, specification, cost estimates and acquisition planning.
- Work closely with design teams, construction teams, and client leadership teams to manage project equipment budgets and schedules.
- Lead project departmental user meetings prioritizing equipment selections and oversight.
- Coordinate existing-to-reuse equipment decision making including inventory management and reuse strategies.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelors degree in a design, engineering, science research, healthcare, or supply chain related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of laboratory or medical equipment planning, healthcare planning, biomedical engineering, or other related industry experience required.
- Ability to communicate well with clients, consultants and supervisory personnel is essential as is proficiency in reading and coordinating architectural construction documents.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Bluebeam required. Experience with AutoCAD/ Revit preferred.
- Travel to client sites required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.