Job ID: IRVPAIV719
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant based in our Irvine,CA office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will partner with Project Managers across the firm to ensure financial performance on projects, report on project profitability and monitor project budgets.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review labor and expenses monthly and compare against project budgets and work plans.
- Analyze project performance on monthly basis and report to Project Managers and Operations Leaders.
- Participate with project teams to measure progress and profitability.
- Work with project managers to development and input new work plans.
- Review consultant invoices for accuracy according to contract/budget and timeliness of payments.
- Ensure that invoicing is timely and accurate according to contract.
- Responsible for coordinating and the collection of receivables.
- Prepare and analyze forecast to include review of project staffing and schedules, report of multi-office project revenue and review variances monthly.
- Assist with month end financial reporting for regional and consolidated publication.
- Occasional travel to assigned region - site visits are to include a review of project performance, work plans, staffing and status of collections with Project Managers and Operations Leader.
- Assist with year-end audit schedules.
- Other ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with 8 years’ related experience, or a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with 6 years related experience and CPA.
- Experience in a professional services firm strongly preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, an analytical thinker, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required; Deltek Vision experience preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.