Job ID: RIVSUPTIV0719
- Responsible for total construction effort, such that it is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for productivity of subcontractors, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, etc).
- Perform and/or monitor jobsite control measures, such as daily reports, labor count, quality reports, visitor log and accident reports.
- Supervise subcontractors as required by contract. Constantly review field production, analyze and improve where necessary.
- Verify Subcontractor field layout and measurements.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and discipline staff.
- Notify the project manager prior of issuance of any contract change request made by the owner, A/E or subcontractors.
- Support the project engineer in issuing RFIs.
- Coordinate and maintain as-build drawings with subcontractor.
- Approve the 3 week look ahead schedule prior to issuance to the owner.
- Supervise and coordinate field inspection with inspector and subcontractors.
- Ensure that all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements and work rules. Document all violations and notify project management. Recommend and implement corrective actions as required.
- Conduct daily meeting with subcontractors prior to starting construction.
- Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of construction experience functioning in a Superintendent role.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or related field preferred.
- Must have OSHA 30 Hour Certification and site safety license.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software such as Microsoft Project, P6 and Procore is required.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.