Job ID: RIVCPEIB0719
Construction Project Engineer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Project Engineer based in our Riverside office. This individual will support projects throughout the Inland Empire with initial assignments in 1000 Palms and Cathedral City. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily coordination of projects by planning, organizing and controlling technical aspects of the assignments on site.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for field and project engineering, quality control, contract administration, shop drawing review, submittals, RFIs, scheduling, and related support functions
- Change order management: administrating, pricing, submission and tracking
- Assist Project Superintendent and Project Manager in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
- Assist with equipment selection and rental coordination
- Materials/Equipment procurement and expediting
- Coordinate and review drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system
- Prepare and track progress payments and estimates
- Subcontract administration: defining scope of work, answering inquiries, monitoring progress, tracking and processing payments
- Inventory control: monitoring and tracking of equipment and resources.
- Review Subcontractors monthly payment request
- Prepare and coordinate 3 weeks look ahead schedule
- Prepare project construction weekly meeting minutes.
- Obtain weekly prevailing wage payroll certification from subcontractors.
- Coordinate project punch list and project closeout.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified candidates must have 2+ years of related experience in a Construction Project Engineer role.
Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred.
Must be able to work at different project locations as project assignments change.
Must be comfortable handling complex project issues.
Strong team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
Proficiency with Procore or other windows-based construction management software strongly preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.