Job ID: BOSIAIII719
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Architect based in our Boston, MA office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRMWe are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLEThe ideal candidate will lead the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional concept development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Development of furniture packages.
- Guide the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with technical leadership.
- Independently evaluate and select materials, consult with vendors, inform project specifications.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience on healthcare or education projects preferred.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of building and life safety codes is required.
- Exceptional communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.