Job ID: NYCDMV819
Director of Marketing
New York, NY
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Marketing. This position can be filled in our New York, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC or Los Angeles locations. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your resume and writing sample when applying.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Help to advance a firm wide enterprise focused on a culture of strategic and disciplined approach to marketing and business development to ensure sustained top line capture and firm growth. Participate in the development and advancement of tactics and actions that are applied consistently throughout the firm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Partner with the CEO, the Executive Directors of Office and Firm-Wide Strategies, and the Directors of Knowledge Management, Client Engagement, Communications and Graphics to develop and lead a firm-wide marketing and business development enterprise for Cannon Design, focused on identifying and securing new client opportunities in our target markets to advance the growth of top line.
- Partner with National Market Directors to define marketing strategies that support CannonDesign’s overall message, growth strategies and objectives.
- Listen to the trends of the marketplace and help direct the market research efforts of the firm.
- Lead the development of a firm-wide marketing and business development business plan for CannonDesign and oversee its day-to-day implementation.
- Partner with communications, business development and marketing professionals to plan and organize marketing functions and operations (proposal response, client engagement, graphics, branding, communications, etc.), and ensure they project CannonDesign’s voice and strategic initiatives.
- Build and lead a highly efficient team of marketing professionals.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, or a related field required.
- A Minimum of 10 years in related positions required. Work experience in the architectural/construction industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability. Ability to communicate effectively; energizes, inspires, motivates and develops high performing accountable teams.
- Must be collaborative, self-driven and entrepreneurial with the ability to maintain and prioritize deadlines. Exceptional writing skills and strong verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Salesforce and InDesign
- Travel required
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.