Job ID: WNYCEII819
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Cost Estimator based in our Buffalo, NY office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Senior Cost Estimator to write, update and maintain a General Trades (MasterFormat Div #s 1 through 14 and Site 31 & 32) estimate database for building construction costs. This will be a highly detailed construction cost database broken out into materials, equipment and labor, quantities, and pricing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review bid projects to determine accuracy in relationship to newly created construction cost estimating database
- Continually update database based upon comparison to bids and current market trends
- Under the direction of a Senior Estimator, may work with engineers and architect’s drawings to help prepare information on job costs, to include labor, material, equipment, and specialty items necessary to complete the project
- Review supplier quotes for completion of estimating scope
- Utilize knowledge of construction techniques, proper scheduling, purchases and work for the benefit of the projects
- Collaboratively work with contractors, state, local municipalities, inspectors and clients
- Interpret plans, and specifications
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have an Associate degree in Construction, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 4 years of related estimating experience required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to think analytically is essential
- Knowledge of CSI, Divisions 1-14 preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and estimating software required
- Experience with Sage (Timberline) Estimating, Excel, or other construction cost database management software required
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.