Job ID: DCEEIV819
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Perform electrical engineering systems design for building construction. Initiate project designs and help to develop design goals and systems.
- Participate or lead project team and client meetings.
- Assume project engineering responsibilities and adhere to financial and work goals.
- Design lighting, power distribution, and communications systems per applicable codes.
- Prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Guide junior staff in execution of drawings. Specify electrical equipment.
- Complete quality control checks of engineering documents.
- Recommend improvements with reference standards and processes to improve quality, coordination, and to streamline production efforts.
- Review and markup of shop drawings and submittals.
- Respond to RFIs and review of change orders in the preparation of construction documents.
- Conduct job site visits to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Attend and participate in construction meetings.
- Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus).
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience and EIT required. PE preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, AGI, SKM, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.