Job ID: BOSPFPIII819
Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing & fire protection design projects and an integral part of design teams within CannonDesign.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Preparing documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for plumbing/fire protection systems and equipment.
• Designing plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
• Assisting in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
• Responsibility for field observations of projects under construction.
• Recommending ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus).
• Minimum 7 years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. PE and LEED preferred.
• Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience desired.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
• The successful candidate must have experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.