Job ID: CHIMEIII819
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will perform in a lead mechanical engineering project role and assist leading and mentoring the mechanical engineering team.
• Responsible for engineering for system concept, planning, design analysis, code compliance; final design including bidding and construction documents and specification preparation; construction administration including resolution of construction issues; and interfacing with project teams, equipment suppliers, consultants, and clients.
• Sustainable and energy responsive system selection and coordination with architectural and other disciplines for building conceptual design.
• HVAC load calculations and select equipment.
• Design central utility plants (CUP).
• Supervise and review plumbing and fire protection design efforts.
• Perform code searches and comply with code requirements.
• Energy modeling
• Create flow and control schematic drawings, specify control systems, and author sequences of operations for building and utility control systems.
• Review design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Provides input on design and process improvements.
• Reviews and manage design budgets and schedules.
• Progressive design and project management responsibilities.
• Writing design narratives & engineering analysis.
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited program.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in designing large commercial and institutional HVAC and building utility systems.
• P.E. preferred.
• Familiarity with Revit, Trane Trace, or similar platforms.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Experience developing complete mechanical system design of air and hydronic systems while assisting in cost control, work plans and project staffing.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.