Job ID: WNYEEIV819
Senior Electrical Engineer
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the electrical design of healthcare, research, education and commercial projects and will be an integral part of design teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Perform electrical engineering systems design for building construction. Initiate project designs and help to develop design goals and systems.
• Participate or lead project team and client meetings.
• Assume project engineering responsibilities and adhere to financial and work goals.
• Design lighting, power distribution, and communications systems per applicable codes.
• Prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications. Guide junior staff in execution of drawings. Specify electrical equipment.
• Complete quality control checks of engineering documents.
• Recommend improvements with reference standards and processes to improve quality, coordination, and to streamline production efforts.
• Review and markup of shop drawings and submittals. Respond to RFIs and review of change orders in the preparation of construction documents.
• Conduct job site visits to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
• Attend and participate in construction meetings. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus).
• Minimum of 10 years of related experience and EIT required. PE preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects.
• Proficiency in Revit, AGI, SKM, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.